Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In the world of teaching.....

After a week of vacation here in the Czech republic, it was hard to get into lesson planning mode. I spent several hours trying to figure out the best lesson for the first day. I was presented the challenge that most of these students know each other, its only me that doesn't know all of them. Also, i had to remember how to do lesson plans. I think in the end my lesson plan finally came together and it was great because i could use it for multiple classes. Praise the lord!!!
On Monday I taught my first lesson, which i think went well. It was great to see old students and also meet new ones. In all of my classes I was asked the famous question "why did you come back to the Czech republic?" That is always a complicated question to answer. It is not common here for teachers to leave and then to come back after a short time. Several students were surprised with my answer that i love the people here and that i love the Czech republic.
i am looking forward to embark in a new adventure this year. Also, for the new challenge that lays ahead of me. I will be working with mostly adults and i have one class with young people.
I will keep you posted as time goes on........

2 comments:

Transient Drifter said...

Nice to have you posting :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that things are going well and that you are in love with the Czech Republic. I will continue to pray for you.

On another note, I am totally into the Baxter and Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury. Have you read "Sunrise" yet? If not, I will send it to you when I am done!

Blessing and Prayers always,

Krisy