Friday, October 5, 2007

The toothless man has returned

To give you a little history about my experience in Skalka a few years ago...When I lived in Skalka(it is in Cheb but that is the name where my flat was) about 2 years ago I almost got my first kiss by a toothless man. While I was living in Skalka I had an encounter with "the man" one day. I was walking to the supermarket and he approached me speaking a lot of czech to me. When he knew I didn't speak czech he would use his hands like sign language to communicate what he was asking for. Then he motioned to me to kiss him. When I tried to walk away from him, he tried to kiss me on my face. I was a little freaked out by him, just a little=). From that moment on I always tried to avoid walking by him or anywhere near him. The memories of the toothless man.........Well, he is back in Skalka. I was there visiting my new teammates not too long ago and I saw him. He again asked me if I had a cigarette, I just kept walking. The poor man is not all there mentally and I think he is homeless as well. I have seen him dig through the dumpsters before. Then about 3 days later I was standing outside by the bus stop in Skalka around 10 o'clock at night. I saw him walk towards me and I just began to pray out loud that he wouldn't come any closer to me. I have had too many encounters with him in the past. I just kept praying out loud and tried to stay where I was. The toothless man didn't come any closer to me, he stayed by the bus stop bench which was about a foot away from me. He waited there until the bus came. I was so thankful when that bus came around the corner. So he is back..........

No comments: